Thursday, June 18, 2015

Open Season

My son came to me dismayed this morning and said "They are killing my people." I inquired further and he mentioned the recent shooting in Carolina. It is just another in a string of violence against people of color in this country. I haven't heard much about this incident, but shared his sorrow as he filled me in on the details.

Then it occurred to me, as I sat silently before the Lord, that the enemy has declared Open Season on black people. I am witnessing violent acts with my own eyes not seen since the tumultuous era marked by the fight for civil rights in the sixties. And while I realize that the underlying causes of this issue have never been resolved, things seem to have come to a boiling point, once more.

,

The key is understanding WHO the enemy is. It's not gun-toting, folks. It's not the police. It's not even white supremacists. The enemy is Satan and his demonic host. It is he who has declared open season and he will don whatever disguise is necessary to accomplish his mission. He has similarly declared war on family.

The only answer and our only hope is found at the cross. We are engaged in an ancient spiritual battle which has already been won. Nothing short of accepting that victory and turning our hearts to The Savior, who conquered Satan, will do.


"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" Ephesians 6:12




No comments:

Post a Comment