Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Downpour

The downpour continues, both outside and here in crazyville. In both cases, there are occassional sunbreaks that remind me that there are other weather options and that before long, warmer days and sunshine will be the norm. I am so very ready.

The plot of this play that is my life thickened further this weekend. My daddy, who is not yet 66, had a stroke after church on Easter Sunday. He is recovering in ICU. This follows a string of funerals that I have attended over the past few weeks; Like I said, there's been no shortage of rain.

But, this same rain that is causing me to continue wearing scarves, hats, and gloves much later in the season than I would have hoped, is also nourishing all of the pretty things that are planted in the yard. My tulips are almost "ripe" and my Persian buttercups look ready to pop open at any time. I have to believe that once again the natural is mirroring the spiritual and that the garden that is being watered by adversity will also be splendid. I have great faith in the Master gardener.

"For we know that all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment