Thursday, April 16, 2009

Surrender

My husband recently told me that I am one of the most private people that he knows. This is probably true but, it's not because I have anything to hide. It's simply because in this world of rapidly advancing technology where everyone has almost unlimited access to everyone else's activities and where abouts, I choose to maintain a lower profile. I prefer to share myself on a more personal level; over tea, at my house, with fresh baked bread ...or at least in person, not in cyberspace. I am not on Facebook or Twitter and only own a cell phone so that my children and husband can find me in case of emergency. I don't have a "Second Life" (but am very much enjoying my first one). I still pay my bills with a check by mail and know the names of my neighbors as well as many of the employees at my local grocery store. All of this despite that fact that I am not yet forty (though increasingly close).


So here I am starting a blog; an intimate guide to my thoughts; a tour of my head. Me, "Miss Private". Its not because I find myself infinitely fascinating and want to share the wealth of my greatness with the masses. Rather, as I stated in my profile, I feel a tug to serve as scribe for The One who breathed His breath into my nostrils, giving me life, and calling it good. This little blog is a simple act of obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. His call trumps my right to privacy and comfort every time.

1 comment: