Sunday, April 14, 2013

This IS What I Signed Up For

I signed up to take up my cross and follow Christ into a painful death of self.
I signed up to stand through trials and hardships, overcoming by the blood of The Lamb.

I signed up for more of God and less of me- to plumb the depths of who He is and to be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

I signed up to be salt and light; to share the truth of Christ with those in darkness.
I signed up to know God and the fellowship of his suffering.

Why?

"For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come." Hebrews 13:14

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things that are seen, but at things which are not seen: for the things that are seen are temporal; but the things that aren't seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

This is not a cruise. It's a voyage to a destination. I am not here to sight-see, to be entertained, or to gorge myself with decadent buffet food amidst luxury accommodations. Rather, I am bracing my dinghy against the wind, bailing out the water, when needed, with great anticipation for what lies at the end of the journey. That's what I signed up for and that's what keeps me rowing when my arms get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment