Sunday, November 25, 2012

ThanksLiving

While the national day of thanksgiving has passed and many of my fellow Americans have run off to shop. I am still focusing on the abundant blessings that I am able to enjoy. We celebrated the holiday this year with family and the usual accoutrements (turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and the like) but, here is the menu I am most craving right now:

The "gravy" of God's anointing in my life and in the life of His entire body, flowing like oil down Aaron's beard. (Psalm 133:1) and the sweet fruits of the spirit: love, peace, joy, kindness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22)

As God continues to breathe the breath of life into my nostrils, I want to live a life of gratitude and not just on the third Thursday of November.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

  1. Amen. The word 'Gratitude' has been tugging on my heart since a few days before Thanksgiving. It was a shame how FOCUSED on what was WRONG I had become! And, it seemed to me, virtually overnight! I fight EVERYDAY to give thanks. To look around and think about how truly blessed I am..

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are a blessing. What a wonderful Christmas gift: a sister!

    ReplyDelete