Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quiet

Last year, I wrote that I love January for a variety of reason that I then went on to list in detail. It's still true. I love January!

After the clamor of the holidays (which I love equally) on that first day that school resumes and I send my children off to continue learning, there is a stillness and quiet that sweeps over the house and envelopes me like a warm blanket. It is luxurious and delicious; almost palpable. It never ceases to delight me. And after having filled my belly with the fellowship of friends and family, taking tours of other views from other heads, I am ready for January. For in such moments, thick will quietness, I am most present in his presence. That is the ultimate peace on earth.

1 comment:

  1. "There is a stillness and quiet that sweeps over the house and envelopes me like a warm blanket. It is luxurious and delicious; almost palpable. It never ceases to delight me."

    I love this type of stillness too. Gives you an opportunity to remember, relax and renew.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete