Monday, October 10, 2011

Guest

On a recent morning when the house had emptied out and was quiet, I was considering how I would spend the day. This is what occurred to me:

Today (nor any other day for that matter), was not my idea. This is God's doing. I neither commanded the sun to rise, nor allowed my body to exit the state of rest that it entered into last night. I am merely an invited guest. As such, it behooves me to ask my host what he had in mind when he graciously invited me to participate. I am confident that his plan for the day is wonderful and, in addition to the invitation, God will also extend sufficient grace to overcome any obstacles that beset my path in fulfilling his purpose for this day.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his way. Though he fall he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment