Sunday, June 13, 2010

Content

I was sharing with a friend that last week was filled with crazy: Not the major kind that is all together paralyzing and sends me immediately to my knees, but little grating things, that occurred daily as if I had signed up for some Bizarro World secret pal exchange and scored a really sadistic secret pal. (I will not succumb to whining by listing the particulars. Suffice it to say that sometimes little things are far more annoying. It's like Chinese water torture.)

Still in the midst of this stress-filled week, there was underlying joy and even moments of downright bliss like when I noticed my freesia about to bloom. I am still amazed by God's gift of peace that absolutely surpasses my understanding. As this storm howls on, I can feel the arm of the Lord around me, protecting me and assuring that this too, shall pass. For His grace and comfort, I am immensely grateful.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:12

2 comments:

  1. Helen, you do so have a way with words. I cracked up reading about the sadistic secret pal.
    You just keep enjoying those simple pleasures. I can totally relate. I woke up the other morning giggling, remembering a dream I had. The joy lasted all day, just because of that giggle.
    Love you sis!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. Thanks for keeping up with my little blog and for all of the sunshine that you bring into my life.

    ReplyDelete