Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thrift

While I am not a big shopper in the traditional sense ( I do not enjoy spending hours at the mall ) I do very much enjoy a good treasure hunt at thrift stores. It always amazes me to see the what people have discarded and I love to rescue useful things to repurpose for my own use. In addition to saving money and resources (recycling), I usually find one-of-a- kind things not readily available elsewhere. The things that I find thrifting are often my most favored possessions.

I believe that God is the ultimate "thrift shopper." He spots treasure amongst what has been been abandoned, discarded, or unused and gives it new purpose for His glory. I am so glad that He saw potential in me and put me to use fulfilling the purpose for which I was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment