Friday, July 24, 2009

40!

Besides being serenaded by many different voices using various arrangements of the standard, I have also been asked by several people over the last few days how I feel about being 40. I thought that the best way to address that question, is to blog about it.

Forty, so far, feels amazing! It's like life 4.0 (the enhanced version of my life at 20). In this season of my life, I am more at ease, more comfortable in my own skin, and beginning to enjoy the harvest of things that have taken years to cultivate. I wouldn't trade where I am now for anywhere that I've been so far (even if it included reclaiming my girlish figure). Every season of my life has held wonders that I would hate to surrender. This is good stuff.

I've also been told more than once that "it's all downhill from here." To this I reply that I certainly hope so! Riding up hill is the hard part. Down hill is just coasting... and there is usually a great breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment